We all know the importance of the air we are breathing. Today’s atmosphere is severely polluted, but that does not mean we have to breathe polluted air in our homes as well. Fortunately, we have a lot of solutions at our disposal. We haveair filters, air purifiers (which are basically the same thing, with a few insignificant differences), but one of the most common solutions for a clean, moist, breathable air is the air humidifier.
You will find it in almost every home, especially in those regions where the air is dry. In the winter the air is dry almost everywhere, so the presence of an air humidifier is close to mandatory. But what if you want to go on vacation and you are not sure that you will have a humidifier there? Maybe the hotel does not provide one, or maybe your parents don’t have one. Lucky for you, there is such a thing as a portable or travel humidifier.
The difference between a regular home humidifier and a mobile one is mainly related to size. The portable one is smaller, travel size. But they can also be powered with a USB cord. Some haverechargeable batteries. Also, they have all kinds of clever ways to get the water they need. Either way, they represent a great alternative to large, home humidifiers.
The benefits of a travel humidifier
As you may have guessed, a humidifier comes with a whole set of advantages. Of course, they are related to your health, which is why you need to take them seriously. Here are a few benefits of using a humidifier.
- It will help you if you suffer from dry skin. According to Mayo Clinic, a humidifier will help you greatly in keeping your skin moisturized. Even if you are using lotions and moisturizers, sometimes it’s not enough. You apply them on your skin, but soon enough they will get absorbed, and their effect will be gone. However, a humidifier will hydrate your skin continuously.
- It’s helpful with allergies, colds, and the flu. They will soothe dryness and irritation in the nose, in the nasal passages, sinuses, throat, and eyes. A humidifier will also prevent nosebleeds in people who have this issue. I suppose you are familiar with the feeling you have when you catch a cold. The congested nose is one of the most uncomfortable symptoms. But a humidifier will be of great help.
- A humidifier can reduce the risk of infection. Apparently, viruses and bacteria cannot travel as well throughmoist air. This device may be the difference between you getting a cold or not in the winter.
- It will prevent the baritone voice in the morning. Have you ever woken up and your voice sounded more like a growl than a human speaking? It may have been because of the dry air. But a humidifier will remove that from your repertoire.
- The fact that it’s portable means you can take it with you wherever. You can place it in your office and then take it back home, you can take it on vacation, when you are visiting your parents, or wherever. It’s small, so you can put it in your purse or travel bag.
How to choose the best travel humidifier
In order to make a smartchoice, your first must do your homework. Know your humidifiers. What do you need? What kind? What features do you need it to have?
Firstly, you should know that there are two types of travel humidifiers: warm mist and cool mist. They both have the same purpose, to increase the level of humidity in a room. But they are not both as good.
The warm mist humidifier will create vapors by bringing the water in the container almost to a boiling temperature. It’s like putting a pot full of water on the stove, except this one has filters. I am not such a fan of this type. And if you think about it, do you really want to take along a device that boils water? Moreover, accidents happen every day. Can you imagine if one of those falls on your feet? Or worse, you child overturns it? It’s a hazardaround children.
My favorite is the cool mist type. There are three kinds of cool mist humidifiers: evaporative, ultrasonic, and impeller. The first kind uses a fan to blow air over a wet wick, the second uses ultrasonic waves to create a fine mist through cavitation, and the third uses a rotating disc which sends water through a diffuser that breaks it into microscopic droplets. Cool mist humidifiers are usually smaller, and there are no safety issues involved. Not to mention that they are way better than warm mist humidifiers when you or your child has a cold.
Secondly, think of what features you want your humidifier to have. There are hundreds of models on the market, so you have to start somewhere. Establishing what you need will help you choose. Here are a few things you should consider:
- The size of the room. A travel humidifier is designed to support small to medium rooms, so if you need it for a large space, you should consider another model.
- Ease of cleaning. Humidifiers need to have their filters changed or cleaned, depending on the model. Otherwise, you can end up with severe respiratory infections. It’s no joke. Go for a model that it’s easy to clean and that can survive vinegar or other disinfectants. Clean it on a regular basis, and you should be okay.
- Ease of use. I suppose you don’t need something that makes you feel like flying a spaceship. Search for a model with clear, simple instructions.
- This feature will make your device turn on or turn off when the air is too dry, or it reaches the humidity level that you desire.
- You can program your humidifier to run for a certain amount of time.
What is the best travel humidifier?
Knowing what you know now, I think you are ready to make a decision. If you still don’t know how to make a selection, here are three products for you. Each of them is a high-quality travel humidifier that will improve the air wherever you are.
Pure Enrichment Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The whole point of a travel humidifier is to have a compact design that will allow you to carry it with ease. This model meets that criterion. It measures only 9 x 5 x 5 inches. It can easily fit in a travel bag. But given the fact that the humidifier is so small, it can only cover a room up to 300 square feet. As far as I’m concerned, this is enough. That’s about the size of an average room.
The Pure Enrichment humidifier comes with two settings, low and high. While it’s on low, the device will deliver 60 ml/hour moisture output, and 80 ml/hour while on high. It’s not too little, but not too much either. It will take about 10 hours to empty the 0.7 liters ( 34 oz.) container on the low setting and 7 hours on high.
There is also another feature that you will love. The humidifier has a night light. The light is more of a soft glow that will make handling in the dark easy. But nobody says that you cannot use it as a night lamp. Just so you won’t find the furniture with your toes when you go to the bathroom during the night.
When the water level is low or when the tank is removed, the safety feature will turn the humidifier off. A lot of people worry about what happens when the water runs out, and they are not around to turn de device off. Fortunately, the humidifier will shut down before anything bad can occur. So no worries there.
What I didn’t like about this product is that the refill hole is too small. It gets hard not to spill some water. But I guess if you have a lot of patience you can do it without making a mess. Other than that, Pure Enrichment is one of the best humidifiers on the market. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Fancii Cool Mist Personal Mini Humidifier
This travel humidifier is even smaller than the previous one. It only measures 5 x 4x 1.5 inches. It’s small but powerful. Its delicate design makes it easy to take anywhere with you, on your travels, at the office, or you can even put it in your car. But what amazed me the most is that it does not have a water container. You can use any standard sized neck bottle. As long as the neck fits, you can place a 2 liters bottle.
The design is cordless. You don’t have to plug it in. Fancii works on 3 AA batteries that can last up to 18 hours, depending on the batteries. But the real amazing thing is that it can operate as long as you plug it in a powerbank. You can use a USB cable, no problem. That way you can plug it into a computer, laptop, wall adapter, whatever has a USB port.
Other features include a timer, you can set it up to work 2, 4 or 6 hours; the level of decibels is as low as 15. You can sleep with Fancii on your nightstand. You won’t even know it’s there. There is also an auto shut-off feature. It will turn off after 8 hours if you don’t interact. The filters have to be changed every 3 months, or every time you think it’s necessary.
If you want the air in the room to smell in a certain way, you can always put a few drops of scented oil in the water bottle. It will not damage the device, and the air will smell whatever you want it to. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Deneve Cool Mist Travel Humidifier Stick
Just as the title suggests, this humidifier is more of a stick than anything else. When I first saw it, I couldn’t believe it. You just take the device and put it in a glass ofwater or another container. Just like you would put a flower into a vase. As long as the humidifier is stable and water does not reach a certain level, there is no limit to how much water there is in the container. How awesome is that? You don’t have to worry that you will not find a suitable water bottle, like the previous model, and you don’t have to fill it like most humidifiers. It brings something unique.
Apart from its amazing way of supplying water, this device is so small that you can put it in your pocket, let alone in a travel bag. You can take it with you virtually anywhere. You can stick it in any USB power source. Even in your car.
One word of advice, though. After you place the device in the water, you have to wait 10 minutes before turning it on. You must give the internal filter a chance to soak appropriately. Speaking of filters, they need changing every 3 months. You must remember that a humidifier with a dirty filter can turn into a hazard. Respiratory infections are a dirty filter away. But you can put water soluble essential oil in the water if you want your space to smell in a certain way. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
All three humidifiers are an excellent solution for travelers, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Deneve. It’s small, but what I like the most about it is the water supply thing. I don’t have tolook for the perfect bottle, I don’t have to fill it. I just can cut any bottle and place the humidifier in there. From where I stand, it doesn’t get any simpler than that.
I think it’s very thoughtful that manufacturers thought about travel size humidifiers. It can be an issue indeed. Haven’t you ever went to a hotel and the air was so dry that you would wake up with chapped lips? I have. Which is why a travel humidifier is a perfect solution. Whichever you choose, it has the features you need: travel size, efficient, and easy to use. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The One Thing to Do for Top Humidifiers
- The End of Best Portable Humidifier
- Top Advice on Bedroom Humidifier
- Whole House Humidifier – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Best Humidifiers Options
- The Nuiances of Portable Humidifier
- The True Meaning of Honeywell Humidifier
- The Definitive Guide to Personal Humidifier
- Buying Cool Mist Humidifier
- The Unexpected Truth About Room Humidifier
- What Does Travel Humidifier Mean?
- The Best Humidifier Diaries
- Top Guide of Humidifier
- Know What an Old Pro Thinks About Quiet Humidifier
- The True Story About Best Home Humidifier That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Best Ultrasonic Humidifier Diaries
- New Ideas Into Large Room Humidifier Never Before Revealed
- Large Humidifier Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- What You Don’t Know About Best Humidifier for Bedroom Might Shock You
- Warm Air Humidifier Fundamentals Explained
- The One Thing to Do for Top Rated Humidifiers
- Choosing Filterless Humidifier Is Simple
- The Undeniable Truth About Best Humidifier for Baby That Nobody Is Sharing With You
- The Inexplicable Puzzle Into Cool Humidifier
- The Insider Secret on Desk Humidifier Discovered
- The Hidden Secret of Best Room Humidifier
- The Biggest Myth About Warm Mist Humidifier Exposed
- Rumored Buzz on Best Humidifiers 2015 Revealed
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Travel Humidor
- Life, Death, and Best Cool Mist Humidifier
- The Advantages of Air Humidifier
- What Best Humidifier 2015 Is – and What it Is Not
- The Definitive Guide to Water Bottle Humidifier
- The Ultrasonic Humidifier Game
- The Tried and True Method for Small Humidifier in Step by Step Detail